PAGEANT-MANIA

No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  bestman on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:07 am

In norway we have two major pageant organizations:

The Miss Norway Organization.

They send delegates to Miss International, Intercontinental, Earth, Europe, Tourism Queen, Model of the world, Bikini and some other minor pageants.

Last March the founder and director of this org. died, and I was worried there would be no more miss Norway. Their website was not updated and no news of any kind from their org. But they kept on sending delegates to the various pageants. And, at the end of last year they opended a new website (http://missnorway.no/) and started the search for Miss Norway 2009!!! Girls can now open a profile on their website with information and photos. How and when they eventually will pick the winner, I don't know yet.

The Froken Norge Organization.

They send delegates to Miss World and Miss Universe, and has been the biggest and best known pageant organizers. Only a few years ago, they had a close collabaration with one of the bigger TV-networks in Norway. And, quarter-, semi- and grandfinal were shown on TV at primetime hours. They also have had a close collabaration with the biggest selling magazine in Norway.

Last year, only the actual crowning-moment were shown on TV. They also changed their website into something "magazine-like", and the search for girls were done as a network community. They no longer chose delegate of the month. Lately, their website had not been working. there are no news about the pageants in the big magazine or in any other media in Norway.

Usually, they have their Froken Norge finale in March. This makes me worried there will be no pageant this year - and as a resault of this: No Miss Norway in Miss Universe or Miss World!

I will keep you posted with any news......
avatar
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 2108
Location : Oslo - Norway
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Megan Young, Nicole Faria and Rochelle Strauss.
Registration date : 2008-10-25
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Milka on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:45 am

If there's no Miss Norway then with whom is Miss Finland going to be roommates in MU!! Laughing

But in all seriousness, I hope Norway will take part in MU. Hoping for all Nordic countries to take part! Smile

_________________
avatar
Milka
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 3039
Location : Finland
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Milka Chulina
Registration date : 2009-03-04
Female

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  bonner on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:20 am

hmmmm...anyway goodthing they will send still in miss earth
avatar
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 43928
Age : 28
Location : Makati City, Philippines
Favourite Pageant :
Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Lucky on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:59 am

We had the same problems with Miss Ceske Republiky (World and International) last year when the owner got lost somewhere in France (btw, he is still not found).
Fortunately, the new team headed by Tatana Kucharova came into existence and everything about that contest can go on.
I hope eveyrthing will be solved soon, fingers crossed Smile
avatar
Lucky
FOUNDER
FOUNDER

Number of posts : 8934
Age : 42
Location : PRAGUE
Registration date : 2008-08-07
Female

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Tidus on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Lucky wrote:We had the same problems with Miss Ceske Republiky (World and International) last year when the owner got lost somewhere in France (btw, he is still not found).
Fortunately, the new team headed by Tatana Kucharova came into existence and everything about that contest can go on.
I hope eveyrthing will be solved soon, fingers crossed Smile

this story still makes my skin crawl.
Bestman give it some time,we ve all passed that lately-the interest is diminishing but somehow, someway most of European countries are still there. I hope there wont be soon a time that Euro countries stop to send representatives as i'm afraid of a Domino situation.
avatar
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13179
Age : 35
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  bestman on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:56 pm

The Froken Norge websites are working again!

But, there are no info on how and when the finale will be.

At least it looks like there are going to be misses from Norway in MW and MU this year cheers
avatar
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 2108
Location : Oslo - Norway
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Megan Young, Nicole Faria and Rochelle Strauss.
Registration date : 2008-10-25
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  bonner on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:23 am

bestman wrote:The Froken Norge websites are working again!

But, there are no info on how and when the finale will be.

At least it looks like there are going to be misses from Norway in MW and MU this year cheers

its a great news bestman! -904-r
avatar
bonner
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 43928
Age : 28
Location : Makati City, Philippines
Favourite Pageant :
Miss Universe
Bb Pilipinas
Favourite Miss : Lalaine Bennett (Philippines Universe 1963 - From our Town Bayombong)
Rachel Smith(Miss USA 2007)
Angela Martini (Miss Albania Universe 2010)

Registration date : 2008-11-17
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Del on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:30 pm

The deadline for applying is May 1st, right? So maybe we can expect a pageant in June bounce bounce bounce

_________________
草摩 美晴 - Souma Miharu
avatar
Del
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8165
Age : 40
Location : Houston, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Santuzzo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 pm

The same problem is with Italy! No news about the final pageant that usually takes place in the end of May..I begin to believe that this year there will not be an italian delegate to Miss Universe! Miss Universe Italy is the WORST italian competition and very bad organized..Miss Mondo Italia or Miss Italia competitions should get the franchise!I'm so sad pale pale pale
avatar
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2644
Location : Italia
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Del on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Italy wrote:The same problem is with Italy! No news about the final pageant that usually takes place in the end of May..I begin to believe that this year there will not be an italian delegate to Miss Universe! Miss Universe Italy is the WORST italian competition and very bad organized..Miss Mondo Italia or Miss Italia competitions should get the franchise!I'm so sad pale pale pale

The Miss Italia organizers should get the license back but they should change their rules...

_________________
草摩 美晴 - Souma Miharu
avatar
Del
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 8165
Age : 40
Location : Houston, TX
Registration date : 2008-08-18
Female

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Santuzzo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Del wrote:
Italy wrote:The same problem is with Italy! No news about the final pageant that usually takes place in the end of May..I begin to believe that this year there will not be an italian delegate to Miss Universe! Miss Universe Italy is the WORST italian competition and very bad organized..Miss Mondo Italia or Miss Italia competitions should get the franchise!I'm so sad pale pale pale

The Miss Italia organizers should get the license back but they should change their rules...
Agree!The Mirigliani's Organizations prefers to send the winners to the cinema and to the fashion...In Italy the winner becames very important..She's in all Tv programs.... Evil or Very Mad La vincitrice di ogni anno č importante non per la sua bellezza che le ha permesso di ottenere l'ambito titolo,ma per la sua celebritā e fama! silent
Vorrei tanto vedere gareggiare a Miss Universo bellezze come Denny Mendez o Roberta Capua..Ma č solo un'utopia... pale
avatar
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2644
Location : Italia
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  bestman on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 am

Del wrote:The deadline for applying is May 1st, right? So maybe we can expect a pageant in June bounce bounce bounce

Hopefully, yes!!
avatar
bestman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR

Number of posts : 2108
Location : Oslo - Norway
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Megan Young, Nicole Faria and Rochelle Strauss.
Registration date : 2008-10-25
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: No Norway in Miss Universe and Miss World in 2010???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum