PAGEANT-MANIA

Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Aiden on Sun May 09, 2010 2:52 am

Miss Bahamas 2010 has really been an exciting and awesome pageant so far. This year the MBO, under Michelle Malcolm, has really proven that they are determined to raise the level of pageantry in the Bahamas. So far they are doing an excellent job. Under the theme "Timeless Beauties"....I have to say that there are several contestants who will be very memorable in the minds of everyone who have followed them for the past 3 weeks. It has really been a difficult and an interesting time for many in trying to choose the girl that they believe can represent the Bahamas well in the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants respectively. For many, two girls standout the most in their minds based on their photo presentations and video presentations. The two girls are Anastagia Pierre and Braneka Bassett, also known by pageant fans as "Team A" and "Team B"......Let's take a look at them.

Anastagia Pierre
Age - 21
Hair Colour - Brown
Eye Colour - Hazel
Height 5ft 10"


Whether you like it or not Anastagia is the "Face of the Pageant".....she truly deserves this title as she has performed flawlessly in each category. Even though she has not won any of the fast tracks she managed to place in each. Her styling has been on point and she truly shines in all of her candids. I also have to applaud her strength as she received a lot of criticism from those who felt that she is a "crown chaser" and is not "truly Bahamian" (read the comments here http://www.voy.199780/ ). Let's clear some things up....Anastagia's mother is a Bahamian. Children born to a Bahamian parent are given the opportunity to claim Bahamian citizenship and hold a Bahamian passport. Anastagia has a Bahamian passport and has met the requirements of the MBO, therefore she is a BAHAMIAN!!!!. I don't think Ms. Malcolm would have allowed her to compete if she didn't (trust me we are not wanting a "Venus Raj" situation) meet the requirements. Physically, Anastagia is the strongest delegate and really has the look that international beauty queens have (this girl can look sexy and demure, she can do big curls in her hair or she can do straight-windblown....sources have made me aware that Anastagia is a girl who can do her own pageant makeup and hair....she did it for the evening gown competition). Intellectually, she is a very Brainy girl having completed her college studies. She is also a very strong communicator, has a fierce catwalk and has a very bubbly personality (she got along well with all of the girls), even though there were claims of her being a bit cold and rehearsed. What people fail to realize is that she is professional.....If Anastagia wins the crown, she will be the most Amazing Miss Bahamas to date and will guarantee us a spot in the semis and can take it all the way to the top 5. After reviewing her pictures and videos I will be very happy and satisfied if she wins the crown and deep down....I know she deserves it!!!!

My final Score: 9.45


Braneka Bassett
Age - 20
Hair Colour - Brown
Eye Colour - Brown
Height - 5ft 9


Braneka is a very likeable girl.....and who wouldn't like her?....she's Gorgeous, Pretty, spunky, and sexy.....she's that girl that you would love to hang out and have fun with. She has a lot of personality and she does well to channel it. Even though she's pretty, Braneka still has to do a bit of work physically. She has good skin but it's not flawless, so she will always need to use a concealer. Her smile is pretty depending on the angles....if we catch her at a not so good angle her smile can seem a bit weird. She is a strong communicator, has a fierce catwalk and is very down to earth. She is not always consistent with her styling but for the most part she looks great. I love her hair straight and windblown but I don't think big curls are for her. Braneka is very intelligent and speaks very well. She is also camera ready and looks very nice in real time. Braneka is "Miss Photogenic".... she deserved the swimsuit title and her body is AMAZING. It is the type that can work for both Miss Universe and Miss World. Braneka has also had her share of criticism by those who felt that she wasn't "local" enough on the Bahamian scene (she resides in LA where she works as a model/actress). Despite all of this, she worked hard and won the admiration of the local and international crowds. If Braneka were to win tomorrow night I will be satisfied as I know that she will be able to crack the semis.....getting into the top 5....not sure but definitely the semis!!!

My final Score: 9.32

Fearless Forecast - This was really tough for me.....I was swinging like a pendulum for both....after seeing Braneka's pics from the top model I was like Wow this is the girl....but there is something about Anastagia that I couldn't let go of.....It was soooo hard for me to place Braneka as my winner for the prediciton game because I was still holding on to Anastagia and vice versa.....however....both girls have performed very well and any one of them would make a wonderful and beautiful Miss Bahamas.....however Anastagia Pierre is the stronger of the two....she has more experience, and she is more beautiful, skin, hair, and features. Braneka has the best body. In my opinion, Anastagia would be the better option!!!!

Now onto the Runner ups

Lathyra Tinker
Age - 19
Hair Colour - Dark Brown
Eye Colour - Dark Brown
Height - 5ft 3


This Petite Hottie is one "FOXY LADY"......I love her....she has been consistent through out the entire pageant in her styling and performance. She has placed in almost every fast track and is already a semifinalist (she won the sportswoman award). However she is toooo short and short girls don't win pageants. If she was 5ft 11 with the same proportions she would have done some major damage!!!....All in all Lathyra shows that no matter what height if a girl is gorgeous and determined to do well she can. I applaud all of her efforts and I believe that she would make a beautiful 2nd runner up.

My Final Score - 9.22

Lataj Henfield
Age - 19
Hair Colour - Black
Eye Colour - Dark Brown
Height - 5ft 10


This girl is truly the dark horse of the pageant. She looks better in real time than she does in photos. However, she has been building momentum, and getting better with each round. She gave a stunning performance last night in the evening gown competition. I do believe she can make a strong runner up finish.

My final Score - 9.15

Azaria Clare
Age - 20
Hair Colour - Black
Eye Colour - Dark Brown
Height - 6ft 1


Azaria has really surprised me....she has done well for herself....she was quite consistent with her styling and also did well in placing in a few fast tracks. She has to be commended for her improvements after several pageant attempts. It seems that she gets better each year. Keep it up Azaria!!!!

My Final Score - 9.01

The rest of the top 10

Janay Pyfrom - she disappointed me....she was not consistent at all and her performance was lackluster....however she is a very pretty girl and I still think she can make the cut.....final score - 8.98

Amy Sands - this girl is really pretty and has done well in keeping herself in the spotlight.....my final score - 8.95

Kendra Beneby - Kendra is a model and she should really pursue it....(however, it is rumoured that she is no longer competing but I will still place her score)....my final score - 8.75

Dolly Weymss - very cute girl....peformed to the best of her ability....my final score - 8.70

Carol Stubbs - cute girl....she actually has done well and is placing higher than I anticipated....my final score - 8.60


Last edited by Aiden on Sun May 09, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 613
Location : Minister of the Bahamas/Nassau, New Providence Island
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Canuck1986 on Sun May 09, 2010 5:05 am

I like your review Aiden, however, for me its Braneka all the way. Anastagia is very pretty and strong, but she didn't make the cut at neither Miss Teen USA nor Miss USA, and even though she is a veteran, we've seen her before and Id rather go for a fresh and new person to represent the Bahamas. May the best win (Braneka for the win).

Canuck1986
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 1103
Location : Montreal, Canada
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Natalie Glebova, Jennifer Hawkins
Registration date : 2009-04-09
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Tidus on Sun May 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.

avatar
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13179
Age : 35
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Aiden on Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Tidus wrote:Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.


This gown was chosen for Braneka by the committee....and I do agree it is AWFUL!!!!!....Also, very important to note....Flaviana Matata is not going to be judging the pageant anymore.......they have replaced her with Hector Joaquin Gonzales from Puerto Rico and he has also brought down some gowns....I have a sneaky feeling that this blue/aqua number is one of his designs.........Also, Anastagia was way better in the talent portion with her ballet routine....Braneka tried her best but her singing was a bit pitchy and unconvincing.....I still like Braneka but I believe that Anastagia is the better contestant...but we will see....just a few more hours to go!!!!!
avatar
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 613
Location : Minister of the Bahamas/Nassau, New Providence Island
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Tidus on Sun May 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.


This gown was chosen for Braneka by the committee....and I do agree it is AWFUL!!!!!....Also, very important to note....Flaviana Matata is not going to be judging the pageant anymore.......they have replaced her with Hector Joaquin Gonzales from Puerto Rico and he has also brought down some gowns....I have a sneaky feeling that this blue/aqua number is one of his designs.........Also, Anastagia was way better in the talent portion with her ballet routine....Braneka tried her best but her singing was a bit pitchy and unconvincing.....I still like Braneka but I believe that Anastagia is the better contestant...but we will see....just a few more hours to go!!!!!


yES LETS WAIT AND SEE. AT LEAST ANASTAGIA FOR NOW SEEMS SAFE. I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR BRANEKA THIS GOWN IS A SABBOTAGE(PLS ANOTHER GOWN... -ewq-F ).JANAY ALSO LOOKED SUPER FIERCE IN GOWN.
avatar
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13179
Age : 35
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Aiden on Sun May 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Tidus wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.


This gown was chosen for Braneka by the committee....and I do agree it is AWFUL!!!!!....Also, very important to note....Flaviana Matata is not going to be judging the pageant anymore.......they have replaced her with Hector Joaquin Gonzales from Puerto Rico and he has also brought down some gowns....I have a sneaky feeling that this blue/aqua number is one of his designs.........Also, Anastagia was way better in the talent portion with her ballet routine....Braneka tried her best but her singing was a bit pitchy and unconvincing.....I still like Braneka but I believe that Anastagia is the better contestant...but we will see....just a few more hours to go!!!!!


yES LETS WAIT AND SEE. AT LEAST ANASTAGIA FOR NOW SEEMS SAFE. I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR BRANEKA THIS GOWN IS A SABBOTAGE(PLS ANOTHER GOWN... -ewq-F ).JANAY ALSO LOOKED SUPER FIERCE IN GOWN.

I agree.....Braneka's gown does seem like a sabbotage....but I don't know what to think at this point....I was privy to some information and I'm not sure if Anastagia is safe either......but let's keep hoping for the best!!!!.....as for Janay....she actually changed the gown she was supposed to wear to this one....this gown was not the best....it's ill fitting and she wasn't able to walk properly in it.....her evening gown performance was awful....she tripped several times on-stage and almost fell flat on her face....her catwalk is AWFUL!!!!.....all we can do now is wait.....
avatar
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 613
Location : Minister of the Bahamas/Nassau, New Providence Island
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Tidus on Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.


This gown was chosen for Braneka by the committee....and I do agree it is AWFUL!!!!!....Also, very important to note....Flaviana Matata is not going to be judging the pageant anymore.......they have replaced her with Hector Joaquin Gonzales from Puerto Rico and he has also brought down some gowns....I have a sneaky feeling that this blue/aqua number is one of his designs.........Also, Anastagia was way better in the talent portion with her ballet routine....Braneka tried her best but her singing was a bit pitchy and unconvincing.....I still like Braneka but I believe that Anastagia is the better contestant...but we will see....just a few more hours to go!!!!!


yES LETS WAIT AND SEE. AT LEAST ANASTAGIA FOR NOW SEEMS SAFE. I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR BRANEKA THIS GOWN IS A SABBOTAGE(PLS ANOTHER GOWN... -ewq-F ).JANAY ALSO LOOKED SUPER FIERCE IN GOWN.

I agree.....Braneka's gown does seem like a sabbotage....but I don't know what to think at this point....I was privy to some information and I'm not sure if Anastagia is safe either......but let's keep hoping for the best!!!!.....as for Janay....she actually changed the gown she was supposed to wear to this one....this gown was not the best....it's ill fitting and she wasn't able to walk properly in it.....her evening gown performance was awful....she tripped several times on-stage and almost fell flat on her face....her catwalk is AWFUL!!!!.....all we can do now is wait.....

SCARY.......IS THE PAG GONNA BE TELEVISED?
avatar
Tidus
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 13179
Age : 35
Location : HELLAS
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Zi Lin Zhang
Registration date : 2008-08-01
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Aiden on Sun May 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Tidus wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:
Aiden wrote:
Tidus wrote:Question: who gave Branekka this horrible gown for the fast track!!!? Anastagia was looking superb,but Branekka... Evil or Very Mad On the other hand on the talent competetion, the brown gown was a better choice for Branekka. I hope she wont compete with the first one. Otherwise, it will be Anastagia for the win....and i dont know who will follow.


This gown was chosen for Braneka by the committee....and I do agree it is AWFUL!!!!!....Also, very important to note....Flaviana Matata is not going to be judging the pageant anymore.......they have replaced her with Hector Joaquin Gonzales from Puerto Rico and he has also brought down some gowns....I have a sneaky feeling that this blue/aqua number is one of his designs.........Also, Anastagia was way better in the talent portion with her ballet routine....Braneka tried her best but her singing was a bit pitchy and unconvincing.....I still like Braneka but I believe that Anastagia is the better contestant...but we will see....just a few more hours to go!!!!!


yES LETS WAIT AND SEE. AT LEAST ANASTAGIA FOR NOW SEEMS SAFE. I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR BRANEKA THIS GOWN IS A SABBOTAGE(PLS ANOTHER GOWN... -ewq-F ).JANAY ALSO LOOKED SUPER FIERCE IN GOWN.

I agree.....Braneka's gown does seem like a sabbotage....but I don't know what to think at this point....I was privy to some information and I'm not sure if Anastagia is safe either......but let's keep hoping for the best!!!!.....as for Janay....she actually changed the gown she was supposed to wear to this one....this gown was not the best....it's ill fitting and she wasn't able to walk properly in it.....her evening gown performance was awful....she tripped several times on-stage and almost fell flat on her face....her catwalk is AWFUL!!!!.....all we can do now is wait.....

SCARY.......IS THE PAG GONNA BE TELEVISED?

No, It's not........
avatar
Aiden
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 613
Location : Minister of the Bahamas/Nassau, New Providence Island
Registration date : 2009-02-10
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden's Fearless Forecast for Miss Bahamas 2010 and Post Assessment Reviews of the Frontrunners!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum