PAGEANT-MANIA

Changes in Miss World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changes in Miss World

Post  Wojtek on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Miss World is returning home to London to celebrate its 60th Birthday. A world record 120 nations will compete for the most coveted crown in beauty. The finals will broadcast live from London Earls Court on Sunday 6th November.

On Sunday 29th July, 1951, 26 contestants took part in the first ever Miss World contest, as Kiki Haakanson from Sweden was crowned the first Miss World. On our 60th Birthday, we are pleased to announce that we will be returning home to London.

Miss World 2011 features new and exciting changes, four dedicated camera teams will be living ‘in-house’ with the contestants at their five star hotel giving exclusive round the clock coverage on Television and the Web.

The pre-judging process will be shown live on the internet as our panel of industry professionals take an in-depth look at the qualities of each contestant and award their marks. The pre-judging marks will be revealed on a giant World Scoreboard during the live final before our star judging panel reveal their own personal favourites and give their scores.


Miss World is the world’s most watched annual TV event, forging links between participating countries in a way unsurpassed, by any other global event. It is watched by over 1 billion viewers in over 168 countries. Miss World 2011 will showcase the UK as a leading tourist destination during the build up to The London Olympics 2012.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 25886
Age : 26
Location : Poland
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Santuzzo on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:51 pm

FINALLY! Very Happy Finally Julia understood (hopefully) that we are in 2011,not in 1951! Laughing Last year pageant was so disappointing,without credibility.

These new changes sound absolutely amazing! If this all happens,this could be even better than Miss Universe's. It's time Miss World produces again a fantastic show and a gorgeous winner! Very Happy
avatar
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2644
Location : Italia
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Wojtek on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Italy wrote:FINALLY! Very Happy Finally Julia understood (hopefully) that we are in 2011,not in 1951! Laughing Last year pageant was so disappointing,without credibility.

These new changes sound absolutely amazing! If this all happens,this could be even better than Miss Universe's. It's time Miss World produces again a fantastic show and a gorgeous winner! Very Happy

It's a great news for me, cuz after last year I started to dislike MW! Now it looks really promising. Hope that also music and presentations during the final will change Smile
avatar
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 25886
Age : 26
Location : Poland
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Cyly on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Wojtek wrote:
Italy wrote:FINALLY! Very Happy Finally Julia understood (hopefully) that we are in 2011,not in 1951! Laughing Last year pageant was so disappointing,without credibility.

These new changes sound absolutely amazing! If this all happens,this could be even better than Miss Universe's. It's time Miss World produces again a fantastic show and a gorgeous winner! Very Happy

It's a great news for me, cuz after last year I started to dislike MW! Now it looks really promising. Hope that also music and presentations during the final will change Smile

yeah, sounds great !!! Not boring at all so we will see !!! It is time for the new beginning
avatar
Cyly
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 5709
Age : 33
Location : Slovakia
Favourite Pageant : MISS UNIVERSE
Favourite Miss : Ximena Navarrete
Registration date : 2009-04-20
Female

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Sabiondo on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm


Finally MW will start to change.... now i hope that all the production & presentation will change also Smile
avatar
Sabiondo
PAGEANT REPORTER
PAGEANT REPORTER

Number of posts : 8450
Age : 27
Location : From Venezuela to Russia..¡¡¡
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Dayana Mendoza , Carolina Izack & Oxana Fedorova
Registration date : 2008-08-12
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  EdwinT on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:30 pm

This is great news, I am looking forward to see the changes.

Many people have asked and pushed for a change. This was a long and continuous plea for years. It looks like they finally listened.

I have pushed for a change for years already by exchanging emails and through an editorial in my website as my last effort. Personally I was getting frustrated to see the huge difference between the 1998-to-2002 editions and the recent ones. Those were magnificent spectacles. Hopefully this year it will be a mesmerizing show.

In my opinion, no pageant matches Miss World in terms of pre-final night activities which are always extremely well organized. The only thing Miss World needed to fix is the final show production quality and I am glad they seem to be working on that.

What I am quite curious to find out is if the presentations of all girls will follow the same 1-second (hi!-smile-run away!) format that they've been doing since 2003 which I find totally disappointing. Many people want to change that. They could do so much since the pageant is a true global event with so many contestants every year and new nations still joining.

I am still a bit skeptical though but I hope the changes look as good as they sound to be. The ultimate challenge will exceeding expectations. The pageant just can't handle another 2010 all over again.

EdwinT
Member
Member

Number of posts : 22
Location : United States
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Mariann Birkedal
Registration date : 2011-07-07
Male

http://www.timesofbeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  ZELJO on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:47 am

First step would be to avoid being a fixed pageant...

ZELJO
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 36
Location : Elche,Alicante,Spain
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : only one? probably Claudia Escobar Zapata, Miss Colombia world 1987
Registration date : 2011-07-06
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Wojtek on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:42 pm

First of all they should give more attention to semifinalists. Since 2008 we can see each semifinalist during the final only for few seconds! Any video about each semifinalist like it used to be before 2008 or any presentation, nothing... After announcement of top 15/25 there was suddenly announcement of top 5/7!
avatar
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 25886
Age : 26
Location : Poland
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Santuzzo on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Wojtek wrote:First of all they should give more attention to semifinalists. Since 2008 we can see each semifinalist during the final only for few seconds! Any video about each semifinalist like it used to be before 2008 or any presentation, nothing... After announcement of top 15/25 there was suddenly announcement of top 5/7!

Exactly,and also last year's semifinalists' announcement was simply awful! The host named them so fastly,there was no suspense..They should give more attention to all the delegates,due to camera's problems last year some of them weren't either shot during presentation..There's a lot to do to bring again MW on the top!
avatar
Santuzzo
PRIME MINISTER
PRIME MINISTER

Number of posts : 2644
Location : Italia
Favourite Pageant : Miss Universe
Favourite Miss : Olivia Culpo, Miss Universe
Registration date : 2010-01-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  EdwinT on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Wojtek wrote:First of all they should give more attention to semifinalists. Since 2008 we can see each semifinalist during the final only for few seconds! Any video about each semifinalist like it used to be before 2008 or any presentation, nothing... After announcement of top 15/25 there was suddenly announcement of top 5/7!

Definitely. Those cuts without anything in between takes so much credibility away. It just does not make any sense.

EdwinT
Member
Member

Number of posts : 22
Location : United States
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Mariann Birkedal
Registration date : 2011-07-07
Male

http://www.timesofbeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  EdwinT on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Italy wrote:
Wojtek wrote:First of all they should give more attention to semifinalists. Since 2008 we can see each semifinalist during the final only for few seconds! Any video about each semifinalist like it used to be before 2008 or any presentation, nothing... After announcement of top 15/25 there was suddenly announcement of top 5/7!

Exactly,and also last year's semifinalists' announcement was simply awful! The host named them so fastly,there was no suspense..They should give more attention to all the delegates,due to camera's problems last year some of them weren't either shot during presentation..There's a lot to do to bring again MW on the top!

Very true... and a consequence of such an awful announcement:



The delegates could not even hear what the host said. Canada came down the stairs looking confused and unsure if she was called and then Romania's really embarrassing moment.

EdwinT
Member
Member

Number of posts : 22
Location : United States
Favourite Pageant : Miss World
Favourite Miss : Mariann Birkedal
Registration date : 2011-07-07
Male

http://www.timesofbeauty.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Wojtek on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:37 pm

EdwinT wrote:
Italy wrote:
Wojtek wrote:First of all they should give more attention to semifinalists. Since 2008 we can see each semifinalist during the final only for few seconds! Any video about each semifinalist like it used to be before 2008 or any presentation, nothing... After announcement of top 15/25 there was suddenly announcement of top 5/7!

Exactly,and also last year's semifinalists' announcement was simply awful! The host named them so fastly,there was no suspense..They should give more attention to all the delegates,due to camera's problems last year some of them weren't either shot during presentation..There's a lot to do to bring again MW on the top!

Very true... and a consequence of such an awful announcement:



The delegates could not even hear what the host said. Canada came down the stairs looking confused and unsure if she was called and then Romania's really embarrassing moment.

Yes, it was a disaster! It's a shame that they announced the semifinalists in that way...
avatar
Wojtek
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Number of posts : 25886
Age : 26
Location : Poland
Favourite Pageant : None
Favourite Miss : Aneta Kreglicka, Alyssa Campanella
Registration date : 2010-06-24
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Changes in Miss World

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum